Checkpoints Visit De Ruien
A trip through De Ruien is not your average city walk. That’s why we recommend that you read the following points carefully prior to your visit.
- A visit to De Ruien is a sturdy and muddy walk, so please wear appropriate clothing. The temperature in De Ruien is constantly around 13°C to 16°C. We recommend that all visitors wear long trousers.
- Special boots will be given to wear (available in sizes 35 to 50) plus a protective suit (S to XXXL available). A backpack will be provided to carry your own shoes and belongings with you.
- Big backpacks are not allowed in De Ruien. We advise you to only bring the bare necessities.
- You don’t need to be an athlete, but a certain level of physical condition is required. The walk is not suited for the partially-sighted nor for those with limited mobility. The walk is not suited for children under 10 years old.
- The guided walks and the boat trips are always under supervision. Please follow the instructions of the supervising crew for your own safety.